The Mesquite Wheat really showcases the characteristics of the Mesquite Smoked Wheat Malt it is named after. The smoke character is apparent and can be a little dry. You can add some sweetness by adding 1# Honey towards the end of primary fermentation or grabbing 1# of Honey Malt and steeping/mashing with it!
If you're the type of beer drinker who likes to enjoy their food and beer as a single, unified experience then this beer is your perfect match for Summer BBQs. The smokey flavor is the ideal compliment to burgers, wings, pulled pork sandwiches and more! The Mesquite Wheat adds an entirely new dimension to your culinary experience.
- 2 Weeks Primary Fermentation
- 2 Weeks Bottle Conditioning
- Original Gravity: 1.045
- 4.5% ABV (Estimated)
- IBUs: 14.4
- SRM: 6.9 - 60 Minute Boil
Kit Profile:Malts & Specialty Grains- 3 lb. Wheat Malt Extract- 12 oz. Mesquite Smoked Malt
- 3/4 oz. Bramling Cross
- Safale S-05- Danstar Nottingham Ale Yeast- White Labs California Ale
- Wyeast American Wheat Ale Yeast (1010)
- 2 oz. Priming Sugar- Mesh Grain Bag